For a variety of online resources about state government, go to www.virginia.gov. Additionally, here is the contact information for a variety of frequently requested agencies.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): driver’s license testing, license plates, vehicle registration, etc.
Central Office Mailing Address
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 27412 Richmond, VA 23269
2055 Abbey Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911-3540
Phone: (804) 497-7100 Fax: (434) 951-6789
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
- Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS): child welfare, family services, child support enforcement, licensing, food and energy assistance etc.
2211 Hydraulic Rd., Ste. 200
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Home Office Mailing Address
801 E. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219-2901
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT): road projects, travel advisories, pothole reporting, etc.
Customer Service Center:
Culpeper District Office (serves Charlottesville and Albemarle)1601 Orange Road
Culpeper, VA 22701
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC): unemployment benefits, labor market information, veterans services, etc.
VEC Central Office
John R. Broadway, Commissioner
703 E. Main St Richmond, 23219
Charlottesville – Workforce Center
2211 Hydraulic Road
- Virginia Department of Elections: voting information, election results, candidate information, campaign finance disclosure, etc.
Washington Building, First Floor
1100 Bank Street
Telephone: 804 864-8901
Toll Free: 800 552-9745
FAX: 804 371-0194
For local voter registrar’s offices, click here.
- Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC): business entity filing, utility, financial institution and insurance regulation, etc.
Toll Free: 1-800-552-7945
For a full list of department contacts, click here.
State Corporation Commission
P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, Virginia 23218