Dear friends and neighbors,
In my last 12 years in the General Assembly, including the last six as Democratic Leader in the House, I have fought hard for the values of this community, and have been part of a progressive Democratic initiative to:
- build an economy that creates jobs that pay a living wage;
- make adequate investments in education at all levels;
- fight against those who deny the reality of climate change;
- promote policies that move us to a renewables-based energy economy.
I have fought for LGBTQ rights, for civil rights, and for the rights of women to access reproductive health. I have fought for labor. I have resisted policies that suppress the vote and worked for bipartisan redistricting and campaign finance reform. If I win the Primary tomorrow, and the General Election in November, I will continue these fights as your representative, and work as Democratic Leader to elect more Democrats to the House. I am very excited about working with another Democratic Governor in 2018 and beyond.
Endorsements for Re-Election
My record and positions have earned me the endorsement and support of many individuals and groups, some of which are listed above.
In addition, these state and local leaders have endorsed my re-election.
When you vote for me on Tuesday, you will be in good company.
State Democratic Leaders
- Terry McAuliffe, Governor
- Tim Kaine, US Senator
- Mark Warner, US Senator
- Creigh Deeds, State Senator
- Mark Herring, Virginia Attorney General
Local Democratic Leaders, Charlottesville/Albemarle
- James Brown, Charlottesville City Sheriff
- Norman Dill, Vice Chair, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- Todd Divers, Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue
- Llezelle Dugger, Charlottesville Clerk of Circuit Court
- Kathy Galvin, Charlottesville City Councilor
- Amy Laufer, Charlottesville City School Board
- Diantha McKeel, Chair, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- Mike Signer, Charlottesville Mayor
- Kristin Szakos, Charlottesville City Councilor
- Jason Vandever, Charlottesville Treasurer
- Juan Wade, Chair, Charlottesville City School Board
Former Charlottesville Mayors
- Charles Barbour
- David Brown
- Frank Buck
- Maurice Cox
- Alvin Edwards
- Nancy O’Brien
- Kay Slaughter
- Tom Vandever
- Bitsy Waters
Current Elected School Board Members
- Sherry Kraft
- Jennifer McKeever
- Stephen Koleszar
- David Oberg
When you go to the polls, please do not be misled by the attacks from my opponent. You can read about my responses to those here: Let’s Set the Record Straight.
Achieving Our Goals will require stamina, political courage, and the experience to negotiate the challenges of Richmond. If we elect more Democrats who share our vision (one of my goals as Democratic Leader), we can accomplish great things. I cannot do this without you. Our challenge begins anew this Tuesday.
Every vote will count, I hope I can count on yours. I ask for your vote.
Find your voting location here
P.S. After you vote, remind your friends on Facebook that you did so. This will help boost turnout.