It has been one of the greatest honors of my life to serve as your Delegate to the Virginia General Assembly for the past twelve years. Your support through these years has meant a lot to me, and I need it again. I have an opponent in the June 13 Democratic Primary, and I do not yet know if there will be a Republican opponent in the November General Election, if I win in June.
There are many reasons why I have chosen to seek reelection.
I Run Again…
- to fight for the values of this community—equality, justice, fairness, opportunity.
- to continue to help build a New Virginia Economy, with more jobs that pay a living wage and more paths that prepare and connect people with those jobs, here and all over Virginia.
- to invest in our children and grandchildren’s education in our public schools.
- for the 400,000 Virginians, including thousands in our area, who would benefit from Medicaid expansion.
- for my son, his friends, and his generation, to confront climate change and do what we can as a state to address one of the world’s greatest challenges.
- for youngsters like Haley, whose epileptic seizures have been dramatically reduced because of a bill I supported to allow her access to medical cannabis oil.
- for victims of sexual assault, some of whom will be able to prevent their assailants from getting access to their addresses because of a bill I had passed this session.
- to support proponents of rail and transit, who gained new rail service from Charlottesville to the Northeast Corridor, in part because of my advocacy with then-Governor Tim Kaine in 2008.
- for Victor, whose voting rights were restored after years of effort, and for those whose rights are threatened by efforts to make voting more and more difficult.
- for New Americans, who are seeking new opportunities and the ability to integrate into American society.
- to serve as a brick in the brick wall to protect reproductive health and choice.
- to continue the work of electing more Democrats to the House of Delegates from all around the Commonwealth, to bring common sense and balance to the General Assembly, for as long as my colleagues re-elect me as the Democratic Leader.
- because I feel that I still have much to give.
But I cannot do it without you.
Please join our team and vote for me in the primary election on June 13.
I thank you for your support.