- Who is my Legislator?
- How to register to vote
- Where do I vote?
- How do I petition to restore my right to vote?
Acceptable reasons for Voting Absentee:
- A student, or the spouse of a student attending school outside the City of Charlottesville.
- A person who will be away from the city on business or vacation.
- A person who is unable to vote in person because of a disability or illness, or the primary caretaker of a confined family member.
- A person confined awaiting trial.
- A member of an Electoral Board, a Voter Registrar, an Officer of Election, or Custodian of Voting Machines.
- A person with a religious obligation.
- An active duty member of a U.S. Armed Forces or the U.S. Merchant Marine, their spouse and dependents.
- A person temporarily residing outside the continental limits of the United States.
- A person that will be at their workplace and commuting for 11 or more of the 13 hours the polls are open.