Virginia, there is an important election this year. It is happening right now. It will be close. And the results will make a difference— not only in the Commonwealth, but across the country. Control of the nation runs through the states, and Virginia frequently has been the bellwether of national trends. The 2017 and ’19 “blue wave” elections in the Commonwealth brought great changes:
1. Medicaid expansion
2. Increases in the minimum wage
3. Repeal of the death penalty
4. Passage of the equal rights amendment
5. Major climate change legislation
6. Expanding the right to vote
7. New nondiscrimination laws
8. Protection of reproductive rights
9. Gun safety measures
With one election, those changes could all be undone. And we would have little chance of passing bold initiatives proposed by Terry McAuliffe such as:
1. A $2 billion investment in our public schools including increasing teacher salaries to the national level.
2. Getting every Virginian vaccinated
3. Cutting prescription drug costs
4. Ensuring police accountability while reducing crime
If you think you were done simply by electing Joe Biden President, you are not.
The Trump base is energized and they want a win in Virginia.
Don’t let them have it!
YOU CAN VOTE between now and Election Day—and encourage your friends and neighbors to do likewise.
YOU CAN VOLUNTEER — contact your local campaign office; including Charlottesville.
YOU CAN GIVE. TERRY, HALA, and MARK need last minute funds. And my VIRGINIA FIRST PAC is still raising money for House of Delegates candidates.
YOUR ACTIONS in the next 30 days will make a difference to Virginia — and the nation.