For a variety of online resources about state government, go to www.virginia.gov. Additionally, here is the contact information for a variety of frequently requested agencies.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): driver’s license testing, license plates, vehicle registration, etc.
- Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS): child welfare, family services, child support enforcement, licensing, food and energy assistance etc.
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT): road projects, travel advisories, pothole reporting, etc.
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC): unemployment benefits, labor market information, veterans services, etc.
- Virginia State Board of Elections (SBE): voting information, election results, candidate information, campaign finance disclosure, etc.
- Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC): business entity filing, utility, financial institution and insurance regulation, etc.
Central Office Mailing Address
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 27412 Richmond, VA 23269
2055 Abbey Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911-3540
Phone: (804) 497-7100 Fax: (434) 951-6789
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
2211 Hydraulic Rd., Ste. 200
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Home Office Mailing Address
801 E. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219-2901
Customer Service Center:
Culpeper District Office (serves Charlottesville and Albemarle)1601 Orange Road
Culpeper, VA 22701
VEC Central Office
John R. Broadway, Commissioner
703 E. Main St Richmond, 23219
Charlottesville – Workforce Center
2211 Hydraulic Road
Washington Building, First Floor
1100 Bank Street
Telephone: 804 864-8901
Toll Free: 800 552-9745
FAX: 804 371-0194
Toll Free: 1-800-552-7945
For a full list of department contacts, click here.
State Corporation Commission
P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, Virginia 23218